Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 31 - Monday, July 19 - Rodeway in Nashville

Day 31 - Monday, July 19 – Used lame Rodeway gym today. (2 of the 3 machines broken!)
By the time I showered, I opted for lunch before any other place.
Finally got to eat at Jack’s Bar-B-Que. (Closed previous two nights when tried.) Great smoked meats. We could smell it from the motel 200 yards away. I had pulled pork, Renate had sausage. With 2 sides. $9 each. Great.
We set out for Hendersonville Lane Bryant – north on I-65 9 miles exit 95 and 7 miles east on Vietnam Vets Highway, exit 7.
It’s inside the “Streets of Indian Lake” shopping complex.
Outdoor shops with Chicos and Jos Banks, Regal Cinemas, Barnes and Nobles (I bought a Qu’ran – don’t ask - and an empty music staff book. I got the 20% teacher discount and used gift certificate from retiring).
In the center a large area with squirting water fountains. Kids playing. Many food choices. Clean. Clean. Renate bought casual jacket, black cardigan-style top, and grape-colored, slinky dressy twin set – tunic and shell.
Returned to motel.
Went out to Gerst Haus, German restaurant that was actually OPEN on a Monday vs many other area restaurants. Advertised in one of those free papers.
Not as good as hoped for. I left ½ of sauerbraten behind. Red cabbage was my favorite part. Noted for hushpuppy-like Oyster balls. They were large, hard fried outside. Mushy inside. Okay.
Even the “Client List” on Lifetime later that night was disappointing.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment